In order to deepen the understandings on Na-air batteries, our group have applied nanostructured carbon materials as cathodes to investigate various effects including functional groups on graphene,6 surface area of porous carbon black,7 current density on CNTs/NCNTs,8 building 3D electrodes,9 and influence of humidity on rechargeability.10 Furthermore, the determining kinetics factors for controlling the chemical composition of the discharge products in SABs will be discussed and the potential research directions toward improving SABs are proposed. The perspectives in this field will be also anticipated.
This poster will present the summary of the recent studies 6-10 and newfound results 11 on Na-air batteries from our group.
1. E. Peled, D. Golodnitsky, H. Mazor, M. Goor, S. Avshalomov, J. Power Sources 2011, 196, 6835.
2. Q. Sun, Y. Yang, Z. W. Fu, Electrochem. Commun. 2012, 16, 22.
3. P. Hartmann, C. L. Bender, M. Vracar, A. K. Durr, A. Garsuch, J. Janek, P. Adelhelm, Nat. Mater. 2013, 12, 228.
4. J. Wang, Y. Li, X. Sun, Nano Energy 2013, 2, 443.
5. H. Yadegari, Q. Sun, X. Sun, Na-O2 Batteries-A Review, submitted. 2015
6. Y. Li, H. Yadegari, X. Li, M. N. Banis, R. Li, X. Sun, Chem. Commun. 2013, 49, 11731.
7. H. Yadegari, Y. Li, M. N. Banis, X. Li, B. Wang, Q. Sun, R. Li, T. K. Sham, X. Cui, X. Sun, Energy Environ. Sci. 2014, 7, 3747.
8. Q. Sun, H. Yadegari, M. N. Banis, J. Liu, B. Xiao, B. Wang, S. Lawes, X. Li, R. Li, X. Sun, Nano Energy, 2015, 12, 698.
9. H. Yadegari, M. N. Banis, B. Xiao, Q. Sun, X. Li, A. Lushington, B. Wang, R. Li, T. K. Sham, X. Cui, X. Sun, Chem. Mater. 2015, 27, 3040.
10. Q. Sun, H. Yadegari, M. N. Banis, J. Liu, B. Xiao, X. Li, C. Langford, R. Li, X. Sun, J. Phys. Chem. C 2015, 119, 13433.
11. X. Sun et al., submitted.