Material Deposition into Porous Silicon Template
In this work, we used PSi as a template-directing synthesis of various metallic and polymeric nano-macrostructures. Firstly, preparation of various shapes and morphologies of PSi templates are given. Examples of chemical and electrochemical deposition of metals and conducting polymers are provided. We then focus on understanding of the mechanism of Cu deposition by the immersion plating method using the XPS sputter depth profiling into PSi template as a case study and discuss the processing issues associated with its deposition inside the nanoscale pores under the open-circuit condition.
Various pore diameters ranging from < 5 nm up to > 1 µm are accessible in PSi layers. Typical examples of SEM images of PSi templates, mainly ordered 5 µm macropores, 120 nm medium-sized pores and 20 nm mesopores are presented in Fig.1 . Results of the synthesis and characterization of the obtained PSi-deposited materials will be presented and thoroughly discussed during the conference.
Keywords: Porous silicon; electrochemical deposition; immersion plating; Cu deposition; conducting polymer
- F.A. Harraz, J. Sasano, T. Sakka, Y.H. Ogata, J. Electrochem. Soc., 149 (2002) C456.
- F. A. Harraz, A. M. Salem, B. A. Mohamed, A. Kandil, I. A. Ibrahim. Appl. Surf. Sci., 264, (2013) 391.
- F. A. Harraz. Appl. Sur. Sci., 287, (2013) 203.
- F. A. Harraz, S. M. El-Sheikh, T. Sakka, Y. H. Ogata, Electrochim. Acta, 53, (2008) 6444.
- K. Fukami, F. A. Harraz, T. Yamauchi, T. Sakka, Y. H. Ogata. Electrochem. Commun., 10, (2008) 56.