This communication reports our recent progresses in tuning the surface structure and property of electrode materials. Different materials including nanostructured metal oxides, habit-tuned LNMO nanoplates, NCM hexagonal nanobricks, graphene-based sulfur and RuO2/MnO2 nanorods were designed and control-synthesized, and served as electrodes in lithium ion battery, lithium-sulfur battery and lithium-air battery. The results demonstrated clearly the significant enhancement of electrochemical performances of specific capacity, cycleability and rate property of the as-prepared electrode materials with well-defined structure. Besides the active materials of electrode, the guar gum binder that is a low-cost, environmentally friendly and multi-functional binder for the next generation lithium-ion batteries with high energy density has been developed and applied in both anode and cathode of lithium ion batteries.
Acknowledgements: This work was supported by NSFC (21621091,1373008).
1. G. Z. Wei, X. Lu, F. S. Ke, L. Huang, J. T. Li, Z. X. Wang, Z. Y. Zhou, S. G. Sun, Adv. Mater., 2010, 22(39), 4364.
2. F. Fu, G.L. Xu, Q. Wang, Y.P. Deng, X. Li, J.T. Li, L. Huang, S.G. Sun, 2013, 1, 3860.
3. G.L. Xu, Y.F. Xu, J.C. Fang, F. Fu, H. Sun, L. Huang, S. Yang, S.G. Sun, ACS Applied Materials & Interface, 2013, 5, 6316-6323
4. G.L. Xu, Q. Wang, J.C. Fang, Y.F. Xu, J.T. Li, L. Huang, S.G. Sun, J. Mater. Chem. A, 2014, 2,19941.
5. J. Liu, Q. Zhang, T Zhang, J.T. Li, L. Huang, S.G. Sun, Adv. Funct. Mater. 2015, 25, 3599.
6. T. Zhang, J.T. Li, J. Liu, Y.P. Deng, Z.G.Wu, Z.W. Yin, D. Guo, L. Huang, S.G. Sun, Chem. Commun. 2016, 52, 4683.
7. Y.Q, Lu, J.T. Li, X.X. Peng, T Zhang, Y.P. Deng, Z.Y. Wu, L. Huang, X.D. Zhou, S.G. Sun, Electrochem. Commun. 2016, 72, 79.
8. Y.F. Xu, Y. Chen, G.L. Xu, X.R. Zhang, Z. Chen, J.T. Li, L. Huang, K. Amine, S.G. Sun, Nano Energy, 2016, 28, 63.