In this context considered ECL systems [6,7] are representative example of systems possessing extremely sharp reaction fronts since some reaction constants are close to the diffusion limit (either cation/anion radicals annihilation reactions or luminophor/co-reactant reaction). More precisely, for the ECL co-reactant system, such as alkyl amines / transition metal(II) complexes, it was shown via simulations with KISSA that changes in ECL intensities emitted by these systems are much more dependent on the relative diffusivities of the two co-reactants than on the range of thermodynamic and kinetic rate constants that are possible to explore and vary.
Second example is the competitive reactive adsorption is also involved as an important class of problems covered by KISSA [8-10].
A couple examples of real data imported to KISSA for comparison to simulations for elucidation of mechanism and determination of the parameters are presented. References:
- KISSA-group: http://kissagroup.com/
- C. Amatore, O. Klymenko, I. Svir, Electrochem. Commun., 12, 1170-1173 (2010).
- C. Amatore, O. Klymenko, I. Svir, Electrochem. Commun., 12, 1165-1169 (2010).
- O. V. Klymenko, I. Svir, A. I. Oleinick, C. Amatore, ChemPhysChem, 13, 845-859 (2012).
- C. Amatore, O. Klymenko, I. Svir, Anal. Chem., 84, 2792-2798 (2012).
- O.V. Klymenko, I. Svir, C. Amatore, ChemPhysChem, 14, 2237-2250 (2013).
- I. Svir, A. Oleinick, O.V. Klymenko, C. Amatore, ChemElectroChem, 2, 811-818 (2015).
- O. V. Klymenko, I. Svir, C. Amatore, J. Electroanal. Chem., 688, 320-327 (2013).
- O.V. Klymenko, O. Buriez, E. Labbé, D. Zhan, S. Rondinini, Z. Tian, I. Svir, C. Amatore, ChemElectroChem, 1, 227-240 (2014).
- O. Klymenko, I. Svir, C. Amatore, Mol. Phys., 112, 1273-1283 (2014).