The Ag NPs were prepared on SBA-15 mesoporous silica by microwave-assisted alcohol reduction in the presence or absence of sodium laurate. MoO3-x nanosheets were prepared by oxidizing metal molybdenum powders with H2O2 followed by the solvothermal treatments in ethanol. The catalytic performances were investigated for dehydrogenation of AB in aqueous suspensions with plasmonic catalysts. The activity for H2 production was greatly enhanced by the visible light irradiation induced by LSPR specially on the rod type Ag NPs with lager aspect ratio. Plasmonic semiconductors is another novel category with low resistive loss and earth abundance. By a facile nonaqueous access, MoO3-x nanosheets with tunable LSPR from visible light to near infrared were prepared. Under visible light irradiation, such plasmonic MoO3-x nanosheets displayed dramatically enhanced H2 production rate from AB. Furthermore, a synergistic catalysis of plasmonic Au@Pd NPs supported on titanium doped zirconium based amine-functionalized MOF(UiO-66(Zr100-xTix)) was observed for boosting H2 production from FA. The electronically promoted Pd by the charge transfer arising from the difference in work function of Pd and Au metals and the LSPR effect of Au play a crucial role in achieving high catalytic activity for H2production from FA.
1) P. Verma, Y. Kuwahara, K. Mori, H. Yamashita, Chem. Eur. J., 23, 3616 (2017). [Front Cover]
2) M. Wen, K. Mori, Y. Kuwahara, H. Yamashita, ACS Energy Lett. 2, 1 (2017.)
3) H. Cheng, M. Wen, Y. Kuwahara, K. Mori, Y. Dai, B. Huang, H. Yamashita, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 138, 9316 (2016). [Featured in JACS Spotlights]
4) P. Verma, Y. Kuwahara, K. Mori, H. Yamashita, J. Mater. Chem. A, 4, 10142 (2016). [Front cover]
5) H. Cheng, T. Kamegawa, K. Mori, H. Yamashita, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 53, 2910 (2014).