Evaluation of Dezincification Corrosion of Brass By Complex Capacitance
In the present study, the complex capacitance analysis was applied to evaluation of dezincification corrosion of brass. It is important to estimate the precise value of Cdl because a porous Cu-enriched layer is formed on the brass surface due to the selective dissolution of Zn from brass surface . The evaluation method of the dezincification of brass by capacitance plot was proposed.
1. M. Itagaki, S. Suzuki, I. Shitanda and K. Watanabe, Electrochemistry, 75, 649 (2007).
2. P. L. Taberna, P. Simon and J. F. Fauvarque, J. Electrochem. Soc., 150, A292 (2003).
3. J. H. Jang and S. M. Oh, J. Electrochem. Soc., 151, A571 (2004).
4. J. H. Jang, S. Yoon, B. H. Ka, Y. H. Jung and S. M. Oh, J. Electrochem. Soc., 152, A1418 (2005).
5. S. Yoon, J. H. Jang, B. H. Ka and S. M. Oh, Electrochim. Acta, 50, 2255 (2005).
6. C. Portet, P. L. Taberna, P. Simon and E. Flahaut, J. Electrochem. Soc., 153, A649 (2006).
7. H.W.Pickering, C.Wagner, J. Electrochem. Soc., 114, 698 (1967).