Nanostructured Co3O4 film deposited on nickel foam has been prepared by an economical and scalable flame combustion method in one step, namely reactive spray deposition technology (RSDT). The microstructure of the electrode is investigated by means of scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and transmission electron microscopy (TEM). The nanostructured electrode provides high specific surface area and improves the kinetics of redox reaction . The porous structure facilities the penetration of electrolyte and shortens the diffusion path of ions . Electrochemical performance of the as-prepared Co3O4/Ni electrodes is evaluated by cyclic voltammetry, galvanostatic charge-discharge cycling and electrochemical impedance spectroscopy in coin-type (CR2032) half-cells.
- X. Xia, Y. Zhang, D. Chao, C. Guan, Y. Zhang, L. Li, X. Ge, I.M. Bacho, J. Tu, H.J. Fan, Nanoscale, 6 (2014) 5008.
- Z. Yu, L. Tetard, L. Zhai, J. Thomas, Energy Environ. Sci., 8 (2015) 702–730.
- C.Z. Yuan, L. Yang, L. Hou, L. Shen, F. Zhang, D. Li, X. Zhang, J. Mater. Chem., 21 (2011) 18183–18185.
- X.X. Qing, S.Q. Liu, K.L. Huang, Y.P. Yang, Z.G. Lu, D. Fang, X.X. Liang, Electrochim. Acta, 56 (2011) 4985–4991.
- G. Wang, L. Zhang, J. Zhang, Chem. Soc. Rev., 41 (2012) 797–828.
- C.Z. Yuan, J.Y. Li, L.R. Hou, X.G. Zhang, L.F. Shen, X.W. Lou, Adv. Funct. Mater., 22 (2012) 4592.